Programming the Sonoff with Tasmota using the Arduino IDE
- Make sure you configured the IDE as described in Prerequisite!
- Load the file
sonoff.ino into the IDE.
- In the Arduino IDE for sonoff select from
Tools Board Generic ESP8266 Module (
Tools Board Generic ESP8285 Module for CH4 version) and set the following options:
- Upload Using: Serial
- Flash Mode: DOUT
- Flash Frequency: 40MHz
- CPU Frequency: 80MHz
- Flash Size: 1M (64K SPIFFS) ⚠️️**If Version 5.x.x -> Flash Size: “1M (no SPIFFS)”**⚠️️
- Debug Port: Disabled
- Debug Level: None
- Reset Method: ck
- Upload Speed: 115200
- Port: Your COM port connected to sonoff
user_config.h and configure your WiFi settings and optionally your MQTT, Syslog, WebServer, NTP, etc. settings
- Verify and/or compile the project and upload to your sonoff using the serial connection established above.